Sunday, July 22, 2012

Many miles later

July was a pretty crazy month for us.  We started out by going to Montana the first week of July for Ben's Family Reunion.  Ben's brother Matt lives up there and has a really nice house (with a pool :)  It was so relaxing and so fun to spend time with Ben's family.  I actually didn't take any pictures.... Kind of weird for me.

After Montana we went on a crazy road trip/vacation with my family.  I love family vacations with my family. My dad is the vacation planning master.  He plans everything out to the second almost.  He books hotels way in advance and some how finds the coolest/randomist places to visit.   I took lots of pictures so if you want to see more click here.

My family is awesome and we all made matching tie-die shirts to wear together :)  It helped so we didn't lose each other.  (since it's so hard to spot out a bunch of blonde girls walking around)  Don't worry we didn't wear them everyday.

Here is just a quick list of everything we did:

Mesa Verde National Park

Hiked up to a pretty waterfall somewhere

Saw a beautiful old cathedral

Went to a rattlesnake museum. I didn't know that there are many different kinds of rattlesnakes

Stopped by the Mormon Battalion Monument out in the middle of no where

Albuquerque New Mexico Temple

Rode a huge tram up the mountain

National Nuclear Science Museum 








Random Pistachio farm 




White Sands National Park







Went to Texas where my Uncle works as a dentist


Almost went to Mexico



Carlsbad Caverns National Park

Stopped to see my cousin Derek and his family in Arizona 





Saw the Grand Canyon. 











And to finish it off, since Ben had never been, we went to Bryce Canyon National Park





I feel so blessed to have come from such a great family that loves to do fun things together.  I hope that Ben and I will be able to carry on this tradition with our family.














Here is a rough map of our crazy vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment