Friday, August 10, 2012

The last few months....

Wow!  It's been a while since I've posted.  We've been really busy and having a lot of fun.  However the summer is not over yet and our summer adventures aren't done either, so a post of all our adventures will be coming soon......

I love many things.  To name a few random ones:

©Cheese
©Dancing with Ben
©My SonicCare toothbrush
©Harry Potter books
©The color purple
©Disneyland
©Ben playing his cello
©Singing
©And my recently discovered love: BAKING BREAD 


Regular Sandwich Bread
Russian Black Bread
French Bread



I remember back in Young Women's a sister in our ward came and taught us how to make this braided bread.  It was one of my favorite activities and after I learned I started asking my mom if I could make it all the time.  It was just so yummy. 

Since we've been married and I now have my own kitchen my love of baking bread has grown leaps and leaps.  I finally have learned how to make my moms incredible rolls that she makes for everything and thanks to pinterest and other sources, I've discovered so many awesome bread recipes!  I've made french bread, strawberry banana bread, Russian black bread (Ben's favorite and one he found!), regular sandwich bread, cheesy bread (yes!), and many more.  I love adding garlic salt and parmasan cheese to many of my recipes.  In my kitchen right now I have Artisan bread raising. A recipe that I got from one of my friends our ward here in Provo.  This same friend bakes with a stone and has offered to let me borrow one of hers to see if I like it.  I'm pretty excited to try it out!

I just bought unbleached flour to try and see if cooking with different flours makes a difference.  Many recipes I've tried call and highly recommend unbleached flour or bread flour, and so far I've only been using your regular all-purpose bleached flour (except on the Russian Black Bread, it uses regular flour and rye flour in it, and just f.y.i. I got the rye flour at WinCo in their bulk section, if you've never shopped at WinCo in their bulk section, you should, because it's awesome).  Also a big thanks to my parents for getting me a Bosch Mixer, it's my favorite kitchen appliance and it rocks at helping me make bread!

Well that just about does it for this post!  If anyone wants any of my recipes just let me know!  Oh and this is my first attempt at adding a video to the blog:



Cool/Interesting things about this video:
A- Ben is using an authentic Guatemalan machete that my parents got him in Guatemala
B- Yes, Ben's head is touching the ceiling because it's only 5' 10" in our kitchen in some places (it varies...)

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Go Ben! :) Way to slice that watermelon! :) that was exciting! it didn't stand a chance!

    ReplyDelete